The monitoring of efficiency and the quality of implementation of the Operational Programmes is done, according to article 12 of Law 3614/2007, by the Monitoring Committee established for this purpose in every programme.
Within this framework, the Monitoring Committee of the ROP “Macedonia - Thrace” was established by the ministerial decision, over which, for one calendar year the General Secretaries of Western Macedonia, Central Macedonia and Eastern Macedonia - Thrace preside in rotation.
The Monitoring Committee consists of the following representatives:
- National Coordination Authority and Managing Authority of the ROPs
- Managing Authorities of sectoral programmes,
- Three intermediate managing authorities of the ROP of Macedonia - Thrace,
- Intermediate entities managing parts of the Programme,
- Public, central and regional authorities,
- Entities of the prefectural and local government from the nine prefectures of the three regions,
- Representatives of social and financial partners, and
- Representatives of recognized non-governmental organizations.
Moreover, representatives of the European Committee, the Financial Audit Committee and the European Investment Bank also participate, without being entitled to vote.